Planning, Zoning and Appeals Board
The Planning, Zoning, and Appeals (PZA) Board is enabled by Article II, Division II of the City of Bunnell Land Development Code. The PZA Board consists of five (5) appointees (and one alternate member) that must either own property in the City or be residents of the City of Bunnell. The PZA Board has the following duties and powers:
- Administrative appeals. Hear and decide appeals when it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made in the enforcement of these regulations by the building and zoning official.
- Local planning agency. Serve as the local planning agency.
- Review of matters and hearings. Review those matters referred to it and hold meetings and public hearings for purposes of reviewing such matters and making recommendations thereon to the city commission.
- Issuance of written recommendations. Transmit to the proper governmental bodies or agencies its written recommendations, where such recommendations are provided for in this Code.
- Changes in Code, atlas and internal procedures. Recommend to the city commission for approval, internal procedures and changes in this Code or the official zoning atlas.
- Ensure compliance with Code. Ensure that the applications that come before it shall not be approved until all requirements of this Code have been met.
- Books and records. Keep a properly bound and indexed public record of its resolutions, transactions, findings and determinations.
- Other duties. Perform any other duties lawfully assigned to it.
PZA Board Members Contact Information
|Shannon Strickland||Co-Chair||June 2017|
|Thea Hein-Mathen||Chair||October 2018|
|Jan Reeger||Member||May 2016|
|Jerry Jones||Member||June 2017|
|Randall Morris||Member||May 2017|
Terms: 3 years Term Limits: None
PZA Board Meeting Schedule
The PZA Board meets at 7:00 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month in the Board Chambers of the Municipal Complex located at 201 W. Moody Blvd Bldg 3. Check the Agendas section of this website a few days before a scheduled meeting for current agenda and for notices of cancelled meetings.